Monday, July 21, 2008

A day!

Sometimes you get going along in life and then you have a day. One that stands out and will be remembered in years to come. Not because of the number on the calendar but rather the moments it held.


Today was special. I started out as ordinary. Baths, going to the gym, snacks, cleaning the bathrooms. Then we decided to make a craft. Not that this is so unusual at our house, but today the girls took their time and enjoyed themselves.
Yes, finally this little one has learned to cheese it up for the camera!!

Then it was nap time and time for me to make dinner for my dinner swap with Nikki. For some reason today, maybe because the house was quiet except for my music, I really enjoyed myself. When the kids woke up my sister Karen came over. I have always been lucky to be sisters with my BFF. The girls played (all of the boys were gone) and we were just able to really chat. After dinner we all sat down on the kitchen floor and did manicures and pedicures. It was so fun to just enjoy being together, rock out to Hannah Montana and pick the best colors for our nails. If you ask me, girls really do know how to have fun!

Haylie entertained us with her silly anticks!
Elizabeth was the nail expert, making sure hers were just perfect. And they were!
Kayla used the foot bath several times over. Even after her mani/pedi were complete!  If you look closely you can see nail polish streaks all over her face.  She kept having an itch!
Neeley HAD to have a different color on each nail. Yes, she is wearing every one of the colors from the bottles you see here.
Today was a day!  One that I will remember because of the ordinary fun we had!

4 comments:

Jennie said...

How fun Jen. Your post reminded me of how much I need a mani and pedi. I am sure your girls will remember those times for years to come. "mom.... remember when we...."

Ashby Family said...

What a nice relaxing day. You all look fabulous!

Circe said...

Guess what? Deer really do shed their antlers. Now I feel better! :)

Carl and Starla said...

How fun. I really love those days when things are so peaceful.