Monday, August 25, 2008

ABC Gum!



Today Lilah got a hold of Kayla's secret ABC gum stash. And yes I do mean already been chewed. Kayla came running in to tell me that Lilah had her gum. When I got to her she was happily chopping on what must have been at least a few pieces of gum. She was all sticky, had some in her hair and some in the carpet. And she was definitely NOT happy when I took it out of her mouth. A little later I caught her with a runaway grape in her mouth. I guess you could say that the hoover stage has arrived.

Lilah can now sit up and can even sit herself up from a lying down position. She just doesn't last very long yet and goes into tri-pod mode very quickly! This morning when I went to get her out of bed (at 7:00 a.m. thank goodness no longer 6:15!) she was kneeling up to the crib. I guess that means we need to lower her mattress now too!

Lilah is still as happy and content as ever. She eats mostly real people food and really loves her oatmeal. I make it really gloppy and she shovels it in all by herself. She really is a joy to have!

5 comments:

Circe said...

Maybe it's just that your kids are so darn cute, but all the pictures of them are gorgeous! BTW, where exactly does Kayla keep her ABC gum?!

Ashby Family said...

She is so stink'n cute! I keep looking around my house and thinking about all the stuff I'd have to have away if I had an infant again. You are brave to let gum in the house I don't even dare take the risk with Alexis.

I think I will need another competition to get me through the holidays without packing all the weight I lost back on. If you know of anyone who wants to I'm more than willing because $20 for a few weeks of serious motivation is sooo worth it! : )

Jenny said...

I gave Kayla a little bowl to put her gum balls in because she kept dropping them. I guess she was sampling each of them and putting the ABC gum back in the bowl. I guess we are lucky they weren't stuck to the bottom of the table or on the furniture somewhere.

amy said...

Jenny your blog is so cute and your family is darling. It looks life you and your family are having a great time always. I just started the blog thing, ourdoppfam.blogspot.com. You can check it out sometime if you want. I am going to add you to my family and friend list. Enjoy.
love, amy dopp

Taylor Family said...

I can't believe how big Lilah is getting. A few more months and you will be ready for another one right!