Kayla: You are going to look gargious.
Neeley: How do you want your hair? OK let me tell you all of the different ways I can do it. ALL of the ways are pretty. So I can do it with this clip like a fan. Do you want it like that Mom? Well, it is not really that cute but do you want it like that Mom?
Kayla: Oops, I tooted. Is that ok Mom? Scuze me!
Neeley: Be brave! Being brave is like when you go into a forest and do what someone says. Or like when you go to someone's house that has a dog!
Kayla: Get this comb out of your hair Mom. It's stuck! It's stuck!! Can you get this out???
Neeley: I am an artist Mom. I am making you look like art.
Kayla: Pass me the spray. I need a clip. Your taking all of them!
Neeley: Kayla, do you want me to do your hair like Mom's so we can find you better? (This comes from when I want to convince them to wear matching outfits I tell them it is so I can find them better when we are out.)
As you can see we played beauty parlor today. They say beauty is in the eye's of the beholder and in this instance, as I sit here looking like a cheap trick, I am beautiful! The girls spent so much time doing my hair and make up. After painting 80 nails, getting a comb stuck in my hair, getting glitter in the eyes, losing much of my hair, watching my make up be gouged by little fingers, being engulfed in a cloud of hairspray and refereeing fights over the hair clips their masterpiece was complete!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Beauty Shop Talk!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That is so funny. You are such a good mom to sit and let them fix you up so pretty. I have to admit that one thing I hate about being a mom is playing with my kids. I know I am a horrible mom.
I am so glad to hear that from someone else. Sometimes it is so hard to sit and play with them when all you can think about is the zillions of other things you need to get done. When I finally got them in bed after hours of beauty it was 8:30 and I was so tired I didn't even want to face the dishes and the rest of the house. I just now got done folding the laundry and it is 10:30. Being a mom is more of a juggling act than anything else.
That is so funny! I love their comments. I love it when the kids brush my hair because I have to hold still - and rest!
Where's the picture of the masterpiece? ; ) That actually sounds like a lot of fun. I can hear their little voices in what you wrote. Way to go Mommy!!
oh how beautiful!! LUV it!!!
Hilarious! Glad you were brave like "going into a forest and doing what someone says." That cracks me up! I wish I could have seen all the "options" Neeley had for your hair. I bet they were awesome.
Post a Comment