Last week we left for St. Louis with just the babe. Thanks to Grandmas' and Grandpas' we were able to leave Neeley and Kayla behind. We went to attend a huge travel convention for the company we own our travel site through.
On Tuesday, our first day there we checked into our hotel and decided to go see some sights. We took a walk down to the arch. If you haven't been to St. Louis you really can't know how impressive the arch is. Yes, it looks big in pictures but when you stand under it and look up, you realize it is HUGE! Really an architectural masterpiece! And to see it right next to the river in a beautiful park it really is an awesome place to see! We had planned on going back to ride to the top so I didn't take pictures that night. Then we got so busy that we never made it back there. I guess that gives me reason to return! After a nice dinner we went and settled into our hotel, put the baby to bed in the closet and relaxed for the evening.
The next morning, Wednesday, we had to be over to the convention center by 7 a.m. so we were up early. We spent the day in sessions learning more about the biz (in my case and much review for Jer). It was really fun to meet many people on our team that I have heard Jer talk about but never really met yet. After our sessions we had just enough time to freshen up before the directors dinner. They had an elite steak dinner for just the directors (those with over 500 members on their team) and their spouses. In the picture you can see Jeremy's business partner Mike Stott and his wife Pam. It was fun to hear from "Coach", Scott and Kim the founders of the company.Wow doesn't she look like her Daddy in this pic??!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Travel Heaven!
On Thursday the day started out as a repeat of the day before, up early with meetings. Then we snuck away after lunch to go to the Card's game. I am not much of a sports fan but for some reason I LOVE BASEBALL GAMES! I think it might be because it is one sport I can watch and actually keep up with. Anyway, Jeremy loves them too. Some day we will take a road trip to see a game in every major league stadium, but until then we will take what we can get. The game started at 1 p.m. so it wasn't completely full. We bought some tickets from a scalper and were pleasantly surprised to find that our seats were in the shade the entire game! Lilah had her own seat and seemed to enjoy the game, I'm sure due to the snacks we kept shoving her way! That night Lilah was exhausted so Jeremy let me go to the "Coach's Corner" dinner with everyone while he stayed behind to let Lilah get some sleep. I couldn't believe how massive this dinner was. There were thousands of people there and the America Center said this was the biggest dinner event they had ever had. The event was by invitation only for those who have 30 people or more on their team. And the chocolate cake... let's just say it was worth the cheat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Fun! Scott and I like to go to baseball games, too, whenever wo go to a city that has a team. It gives you a fun connection to the place. Glad you had a good time!
Choc. cake.... It is a slippery slope, a slippery slope indeed. :) I hope you heard that story about Ryan and the sugar babies. If not, I'll fill you in the next time I see you.
I'm glad you guys had a good time. Jer has really worked hard and I hope you guys continue to have success and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Ok, I have to say in that picture at the first you look fabulous--Jeremy must be drooling next to you! I am proud of how well you've done on your diet and exercise. I am glad you guys had such a fun trip, but I think you might have had even more fun if the baby wasn't there either (at least that is what Jeremy is thinking!) Ü
Did you go see the old Victorian part of the city? I've never been but I hear it's beautiful.
That looks like so much fun. You look so cute in your new cloths. We had lots of fun with your kiddos why you were away. I still want to do a kid swap if you are interested.
Post a Comment