Somewhere between the baby falling down the stairs, Kayla pulling out every game in the house and throwing the pieces around, Neeley crying because she doesn't want to try Spaghetti-O's, my boobs being rock solid from trying to wean the baby, trying to keep the baby from eating old scraps off of my filthy kitchen floor, taking Neeley to school late because of a Spaghetti-O marathon, the baby fussy from teething, no sleep because of rock hard boobs, Jer being gone out of town or to late night meetings, stressing about this stupid economy, trying to clean the house, doing the dishes, making meals, trying to keep up with family scripture study, and wiping butts I fell apart today. It's not that these things are any different than any other day (except maybe the boob problem) it is just that sometimes the day to day grind of being a mom wears on you and finally breaks you. Sometimes I just wish you could punch a time clock and check out for a little while.
So now I sit here in a moment of quiet during nap time with cabbage on my boobs (someone told me this would help??) trying to get up the nerve to face the rest of this day! I guess I could look on the bright side, I am a SAHM and I have three cute kids (most of the time that is.) Don't let this image of their cute little faces fool you!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Sometimes being a mom sucks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Man! I totally get it! The bad thing is, I think I have those kind of days more than the good ones. Hang in there! Bed time will be here before you know it. Oh and it's days like that where I look for cheats - you know time savers / make my life less complicated tricks. Ex: $5 dollar pizza for dinner, ice cream for the kids after dinner to make everyone in a good mood until bed, closing the door to the laundry room / toy room rather than trying to pick everything up etc.
Hang in there - you can do it lady! You are a great mom!
Glad to know I'm not alone in those kinds of days. Go get 'em, girlfriend.
Post a Comment