Sunday, May 3, 2009

I AM PREJUDICE!

That's it, I am! I am prejudice to any person who is on the road who is too old to be there. Last week I was rear ended by this old guy. Here I was minding my own business, trying to take the girls to Lagoon for a nice Saturday afternoon outing while Jeremy was out of town. I was sitting at the intersection, and when I say sitting, I mean DEAD STOP, no rolling, no hesitation! And this OLD guy named Welborn hits us from behind. Luckily I was prepared with a cooler full of lunches so we had something to do while we were waiting so the girls weren't so disappointed by the delay of going to Lagoon. Welborn was nice enough to apologize for hitting me but I was still so bugged to have the dent in my bumper and in my day. (Luckily we were all safe!) He said we didn't need to call the police if the damage was last then $25.00. I don't know if he was trying to get out of a ticket or if he is just so clueless about the prices from 2009 compared to pricing during his days in the 1920's.

Anyway, to make a long story short we are now one week later and Mr. Senile claims that I hit him and that the damage was to his rear bumper. Maybe you shouldn't be on the road Mr. Senile if you can't even remember which end is up!!!! Oh, and that $25 damage is actually at least $700 plus two days rental car charge. Yep, Mr. Senile, I am prejudice toward you and any other aged person who needs to get off the road!!! Somebody please take away those keys! And don't worry about me - I have a police report that states my case!!!

Click HERE to find out how to know when it is time to hang up those keys!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Whew! I'm glad you are okay. What a terrible thing - for both you and him. It really is sad. A similar thing happened to my sister, Julie. I hope the family takes his security and the security of others into account. It is a VERY hard decision, but something that needs to take place. I'm glad everyone is okay.

Sarah said...

Whoa--back up. Pregnant and taking three kids to Lagoon by yourself? That's trauma in and of itself!

Sorry you had to add an awful fender bender by the elderly to the mix.