Lately Lilah has been testing who is boss. Yes, those terrible two's have arrived! Yesterday she managed to dump 2 entire boxes of cereal on the floor throw a huge "I want juice, not milk" tantrum.
Today was a trip to Walmart. You know the scenario. You see a mom with her kids and you think to yourself, "I will NEVER be like that lady!" And then one day, it happens to you; you ARE that lady!
I thought it would be an easy trip because Neeley was at school so I only had two kids with me. It started out with Lilah grabbing at everything she could in the cart and opening it. Candy will fix this, so I let her have some. Everything seems to be going pretty smooth after the bribery began, that is until we arrived at the checkout counter. Huge lines and I have coupons, I have price matches, I have a full cart and 10 minutes before it is time to get Neeley at school. Then I get up by those stupid candy shelves right by the checkout stand. If you ask me, any damaged merchandise at this point should be fault of Walmart for putting those stupid things right where the kids can empty them while you wait for your turn.
Before I know it, Lilah has a pack of M&M's, has them open and is downing them as fast as she can. So naturally, I snatch them up, pay for them and put them in a bag. There is no way I am letting her have them after that. That is when the screaming begins. You know, you have seen it, that blood curdling scream that can be heard back in electronics. It goes on, and on and on. All the while I am trying to juggle getting the groceries on the belt, holding Lilah down in that dumb seat belt that doesn't really restrain them, look up my price matches and fumble to get out my coupons. And everyone is staring and laughing. Oh and did I mention Lilah's face full of snot!
Yes, today, I was one of those MOM's!

3 comments:
Welcome to the club!
Totally relate. Collin made me one of those moms once. I still haven't really gotten over it. :)
Just do a rodeo princess wave on your way out to complete the act.
Post a Comment