Growing up, my friend Amber Read had a tradition of making home made donuts every time it snowed for the first time that year. That has been a memory which has stuck with me and I have always wanted to create some sort of fun memory for my kids.
Our experience today could very well be a great tradition to hold on to in our family. The girls donned on their snow gear and waddled outside like marshmallows. We started out sledding down the hill and I hate to admit it but it was all of their first times sledding.
Then Uncle Clint and Aunt Nik came around with the four wheeler and we tied up all the kids to the back for an awesome ride. Lilah just laid there with a big grin the whole time. As soon as we all decided we were frozen, it was time to waddle back in to unthaw with some hot cocoa, popcorn and a movie. 
In all it was a fun day, except for the mass of snow gear left in a heap in the front hall.
In all it was a fun day, except for the mass of snow gear left in a heap in the front hall.

3 comments:
What a fun day! I'm glad we brought our machine home too. Even with all of our hills in the neighborhood, there really isn't anywhere to sled besides the school. Today is going to be a perfect day to get it out. We have 3 or 4 inches and it is still coming down.
Oh, all right. You've inspired me. Or put me to shame. I guess I can be a tiny bit excited about the snow. Those girls are just too adorable! Love 'em!
Nice photography with the sunset there. Very beautiful (though not nearly as gorgeous as those girls).
Glad to see baby Kate has a front row seat for the movie!
I love bundling kids up for playing in the snow, but I admit I go a bit nutso when there are gloves and hats and boots and coats and pants and socks and ...........everything everywhere! Oh well. All part of the fun, eh?
Post a Comment