I remember when Neeley was about 7 months old I was working and Aunt Nikki was Neeley's cute little nanny. She always kept such good care of her, making sure she was happy and looking cute. Despite this all I ever wanted was to stay home with Neeley. Growing up, my mom always stayed home with us and it was a priority for me to do the same. I remember coming home one day and Neeley had her first little piggy in her hair.Although it was so adorable, part of me was sad that I wasn't the first to do this for her. That is when my dream of staying home became an urgent priority and soon became reality.
Since then, many, many sacrifices have been made so I can stay home with my little girls. Some little and some giant, but this has remained a priority for us.
This is why, when it was time for Kate to have her ceremonial "first piggy" I am so thankful I was there to do it for her. Being a stay at home mom isn't always glamorous or fun, but it always gives little paybacks along the way!

1 comment:
Oh, that made me kind teary!
~Lexie
Post a Comment