Wanting to get away all summer, we finally managed to do it! We dropped the littles (Kate and Lilah) off at Grandma and Grandpa Greyhairs and headed out for an adventure with a mature bunch! Neeley and Kayla were in heaven having some big girl time alone and we enjoyed a break from diapers and little messes!
Saint George is the perfect place to have a quick get away. Close enough to drive but far enough to get away. Our first stop was the community pool in Washington, then it was off to the temple, running through the stream bed downtown, the carousel, and a ride out to Tuacon. I was amazed by the beautiful surroundings along the way. We tried to get last minute tickets to the show but sadly they were sold out.
One evening we drove up to Dixie rock and hiked around. I had remembered doing this in college when I came down to visit my good friend Emily. I think the girls would agree it was just as fun and beautiful as I had remembered it.
We really enjoyed doing big girl things with girls. They had some spending money they had saved and spent hours maticulously looking for just the right things. It's funny how money is so much more difficult to spend when it's your own. They also loved their little apartment. We stayed at a cute local motel that had two bedrooms. Neeley and Kayla pretended they had their own house and kept themselves shut in their own place whenever we were there. Little did they know, we loved that they had their own space just as much as they did.
So now that summer is riding off into the sunset, we can say we lived it to the fullest, right to the last day!

1 comment:
how fun! I feel like I need to remember that its ok to do things like this because soon my house is going to be full of baby again and my big girls are going to have to give up some of their constant big girl activities because of their brother.
Post a Comment