Thursday, October 4, 2012

Rotary Dial Phone










One of our favorite times of year is during our city days.  This year we decided to try something new by visiting our city museum.  To be honest, I didn't really expect much.  But when we got there we were pleasantly surprised to find a hands on museum that the kids loved.  They let them try on all the old hats and hoop skirts as well as play with the phones (which by the way made me feel really old since it the rotary dial phone was from my own childhood).  Then we went around back and saw the one bedroom pioneer home and into the barn to milk the life size cow and take a look at the real two headed calf.  Yes real!  They also had a few pioneer games and activities.  I think we will add this to the list of festivities for next year too!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Gosh, can you imagine really wearing those hoop skirts? Thank goodness I wasn't born during that time. You're girls look like they might do fine in them, though.