Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cake Tastic





Decorating cakes is one of my new hobbies that I really have come to enjoy.  They take me a day to make but I love to see what concept I can create next.  The pink one is the first and last one I ever got paid for.  By the time it was all said and done I made next to nothing and it created much more anxiety knowing I was being paid to create it.  It was however for the baptism of a daughter in a family I adore so it was still all worth it!  The super hero and safari cake were both for cub scouts.  It is fun to create a boy cake for once.  I think the safari is my all time favorite.  I have discovered fondant and have fallen in love with working with it.  The last was a service for a dear friend who's son loves balls.  The look on his face when he saw the cake was payment enough.

Some stats on the three larger cakes:
7 pounds of powdered sugar
around 14 cups of flour
21 eggs
3 pounds of butter
12 different colors of icing on the safari cake alone
at least 10 hours of work each

I think they each weighed at least 50 pounds!  And to see the entire thing devoured in 5 minutes can break your heart but the smiles...

2 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Those are awesome.. I love the safari one

Circe said...

Those are amazing! Talent!