Kate in front of her job chart. First Job: Pencil passer outer.
Kates after school melt down.
Starting preschool is a huge event in our house. But somehow, this year, it seems bigger than ever! Kate has waited and planned for this day since the day she saw Kayla go off to pre-school. All summer we talked about Miss Becky and Kate wanted me to tell everyone we met that she was going to be in her class. As a tradition we take the girls on their own special date for meet the teacher. Kate got all dressed up in her special outfit and we headed out. She was so excited to see that there were four girls and four boys in her class. Miss Becky had a cool t-shirt for her and a nifty folder to bring her homework home in. After meeting her teacher we headed out to get a treat. Kate started talking about those things that Grandpa Bruce eats where you spit out the yucky part. I finally caught on that she wanted sunflower seeds so off we went to Circle K for her special date! I LOVE how easy they are to please at this age. When she saw the seeds she said, "Yep, that's it", grabbed them and we were off. She just loves school and loves doing her homework even more!
And as for me, I am loving some time to myself. This year was the first year so far that I was ready for the girls to get back in school. Partly because they needed the stimulation after such an event filled summer and I was excited to be just me for three hours, three days a week. It's opened up a whole new world. I can actually be home by myself after ten years and have it clean for three whole hours! I love my girls and wouldn't trade them for anything but this new chapter is nice too! The first day I dropped her off I headed out to lunch with about ten ladies in the ward to celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment