I had heard about blogging before but didn't really know much about it except that people would post videos, pictures and stories for others to read. Jennie Gus sent me an email telling me she had a blog and I think I looked at it a few times but it didn't really strike me yet. Then I heard all of my sister in laws were blogging and so I decided to check it out. When I really took a second look at it and with a bit of pressure from them I started. At first I thought it would be one of those things that I would start doing and fizzle out after a few posts.
I was wrong! I am hooked! Or should I say addicted. I find myself constantly checking everyone's blogs just to make sure I haven't missed anything new. I know I can set up something that will email me when someone posts but I think I just like looking. It is like the thrill of Christmas morning every time I check. What will be there.? Who will have something new? And if my regulars don't have anything new I start blog hopping to find someone who does. I love looking into other peoples lives. I guess I get this from my Mommy. Don't tell anyone (especially her neighbors) but she used to, or probably still does, get out the binoculars to watch the neighbors. Now I have never gone this far but I love to walk by peoples houses at night just to see what their houses look like or I love to listen to other peoples conversations out in public. Blogging is just like this only not so weird. I love to see the every day stuff about others lives. Being a stay at home mom it is easy to feel removed from the outside and get sick of 4 year old conversations. Blogging serves as a way to get out and fills that need for adult interaction and conversation. It is always there and you can just shut the person up when you are done! For some reason, I think I feel connected again. It's like my post about laundry. I expressed my frustration and through your comments found that I am not so alone in my quest. Or I read about Circe's childhood pets, Jennie's fighting toddlers, Nikki's fan mail, Michelle's political views, Sara's birthday cakes, etc. I learn from you all and get a little more motivation each day to keep on keep'in on.
Jeremy is also a blogger. But I like to call him a closet blogger. He will check the "regulars" a few times a day and has even been known to blog hop a time or two or three. You won't see any comments from him or even know he was there. He just tip toes in and out each day to keep up. Since I added the map to my blog (thanks to someone out there that I blog hopped to) I have noticed some other closet bloggers. Most of the cities that show up keep showing up day after day so I know there are some closet bloggers that visit often. I would love to know who you are so I can learn a little about you. So if you are one of those that tip toe in now and then, please use the comments on this blog as a guest book of sorts to let me know who you are. I would love to be able to peak into your life too!
I have noticed visits from these cities or somewhere round about them:
Monument, OR
Birmingham, AL
Denver, CO
Amherst, MA
Los Angeles, CA
Manteca, CA
Columbia, SC

5 comments:
Hi there Jen and closet blogger Jer. :) I love your post. I think we have all had a few voyeuristic qualities at some point in our lives. I totally love that your mom uses binoculars. That is dang funny. I can just see your cute little mom peeking out the window. :) Thanks for letting us tip toe in your lives. We love you guys!
Mom is to funny, I'm sure she still does that on occasion. People watching is one of my favorite past times. I love reading your blog and I must confess I do more than my fair share of closet blogging. I should really start my own. I agree with you it can be very relaxing as well as liberating. We love ya!
I hear ya...I'm addicted, too. From now on, I expect to see comments from Jeremy! That would be fun to see who is spying on your blog! Keep us posted.
How funny. My favorite accomplishment for a certain day is when I discover someone's blog that I didn't know exited until then. I am just wondering what I did befor I blogged. Oh I remember my house was clean, laundry done, kids dressed, me dressed the list goes on and on.
Huh, binoculars, I've never tried that.
Otherwise I've been a closet blog reader for years. I started about 6 years ago when I stumbled upon a blog site similar to this, and there are a few blogs I've been "closet" reading faithfully for years. One of my first blog posts was about how much fun I had lurking in other people's lives.
It's fun writing too, I didn't think I would like it, but I look forward to writing my entry every week (sometimes more than one) and checking up on the blogs of people I actually know.
Post a Comment