Friday, July 25, 2008

Getting bigger!


Lilah is getting so big.  Today I gave her some broccoli to munch on and she ate the whole thing!  She is really enjoying new foods, especially if it is not baby food!  And crawling, well, lets just say she isn't waiting till after our St. Louis trip like I wanted her to.  She can get around pretty quickly now, although her tummy never leaves the ground.  She gets her toes and launches herself forward like she is swimming.


Last week we had her 6 month check up.  She is in the 54% for head circumference, 41% for height but only 2% for weight, weighing only 13 pounds.  She really is just a little minute with a big Dopp dome (just like her daddy!).  You wouldn't guess that she would be so small by the way she eats.  She can really pack down the rice cereal and baby food.  She has also been enjoying animal crackers, bread, jello, popsicles, and every baby's favorite: Cheerios!

As far as babble goes she is on top of her game.  Every morning when she wakes up I go get her out of her crib and bring her into our bed to nurse her.  She always looks over at Jer, who is half asleep, and says "dada".  Now we are not sure if this is really what is going on but she keeps doing it and just when she looks at Jer.  Let's pretend it is for real and not just serendipity!

Big sis Neeley and Kayla are already her idle.  If they are in the room she looks for them and loves when they play with her and make her laugh.  Lilah loves to roll around on the floor and play with their pretend food.  She also likes playing in her exersaucer.  As for her bumbo, well she is not fat enough to stay in it.  I had her in it the other day and Kayla came running over yelling she's out, she's out.  Sure enough she was on the floor next to it crawling away.  Maybe when she gets a little more meat on her bones she will stay in it!

I forgot how much fun this baby stage can be.  She is so easy to take care of now, yet so fun to play with!  I will enjoy this stage for as long as it last because I know the next one involves putting my tupperware cupboard back together multiple times a day!

5 comments:

Melissa and Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa and Ryan said...

Wow, your little girl is so beautiful. Thanks for inviting me to look at your blog. Your family is growing up so quickly. I hope that all is well with you.

Your friend,

Melissa Spelts

Circe said...

Lilah could not be any cuter! She is so precious. I'm glad you're loving the three girls life. What a fun mom!

Ashby Family said...

6 months is my absolute favorite time! I love the picture of her and the HUGE broccoli! Ariana has always been at about the 25% for her weight and 50% for height and wow she can still out eat her big sister (unless Alexis is in a growth spurt and then I don't think I can ever feed her enough!)When are you guys going to St. Louis? How fun.

Carl and Starla said...

It is nuts how the kiddos keep on growing. One of these days it's going to stop & then I think I will cry because it will be time for them to move out & be an adult! Your kids are so pretty!