In a life where everything is super sized it is nice to go little once in a while. Jeremy gave me both purses above. Both very nice in their own way. The black Coach beast is the bottomless pit. In fact it really reminds me of Mary Poppin's bag. When I went to clean it out the other day I was a little shocked at all of the stuff I found inside. I am not sure why I thought I might need some of these things but somehow they made it into the purse. You know stuff like the needle and thread. One just never knows when they may need to do a little mending on the run. Or how about the marti gras beads, pair of kids socks (actually those have come in handy a time or two!), the scrapbooking pen and what about that bag of random kids art supplies. And then of course there are the necessities: burp cloth, baby food, wipes, diaper, extra outfit for Lilah and hand sanitizer. Oh and that little thing that is really what a purse is for: a wallet. I'm surprised that was still in there. Kayla likes to think it's her toy to empty out onto the floor. Notice all the gum and breath mints.....GONE. LONG GONE. Kayla polished those off long ago. Actually this is a lighter load than usual because the three sippie cups are missing. NO WONDER I COME HOME EXHAUSTED WITH AN ACHING BACK EACH NIGHT!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Little purse night!
This is all why I was so elated to have an occasion to pull out the little purse. Jeremy brought this little cutie home from a trip for me about a year ago. Since having the baby I haven't been able to use it. Well there was that one GNO a couple of months ago where I did a dry run with it when I just had Lilah in tow but that ended up being not such a good idea. I had to go to the car for a diaper and wipes and well, let's just say it's not all that practical in this situation. So when I went on a real date with no baby it was time to pull out all of the stops and us my little wonder. Barely enough room for my wallet and the cell phone. Good thing Jeremy likes to drive because keys fitting in there are out of the question. HEAVEN, PURE HEAVEN! So if you see me out on the town with my cute little Kate Spade you know what kind of a night I am having! Who knows maybe I'll go home and bake some bread! ;)
BTW, little wonder is not so good for everything though. We discovered this when we went to see a movie the other night. Kind of hard to smuggle drinks in without the black beast! You can fit a feast in there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Bake Bread... :) hmmmmm, you are so funny. Love the bag, love purse, love, love, love it. (said in my most gay best friend voice from the movie My best friend's wedding.)
I wish I had your big black bag yesterday when Justin and I went to the movies! It took longer than we expected to get out the door for our date and had to eat in the car and while we walked up to the theater. Hidden snacks/dinner would have been great. Your little purse is super CUTE!
I can never keep gum or mints in my purse either. No matter how messy the purse, my kids can find the gum faster than anything. I was just thinking today that I should probably sort through the contents of my purse.........I found a coupon for swim diapers that expired last year. Good thing I held onto that.
Post a Comment