Craft camp day 3 was decorating bags and making shrinky dinks. They all turned out really cute! I ended up making the bags out of some curtains that were in our house when we moved in. Easy to make but not sure if I am ready to sew another bag in this lifetime.
Day 4 was stick horse and snow globes. Or should I just say day 4 was a nightmare. Hottest day of the week combined with too mature of a craft spells disaster. Thank goodness for Nikki and my neighbor staying to help. The kids played while we made their stick horses. Luckily 2 families weren't there so that took 5 kids out of the mix. We would have loved their company but it would have added to the chaos! The kids were actually able to make their snow globes so they went home with one craft they had made. We got three of the horses done but Neeley and Kayla's had to be made at home after the fact. I guess one good thing that came of the day were some really cute stick horses! In all the camp was really fun. I think now after watching all of this crafting I want to do some of my own (besides the horses!) I think it is time for a mommy craft camp but I guess that is what super Saturdays in relief society are for.
Friday, July 4, 2008
More Craft Camp!
The girls couldn't wait for me to finish their horses. After I completed them there was a whole lot of whoa's, giddy up's and neigh's going on! They didn't care who made them. They just enjoyed playing with them. I guess that is what it is all about! FUN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Those horses turned out so cute even though it sounds like it was really hard to do with little ones. I bet your girls will remember your craft week for a long time. You are such a fun Mom! Let me know if you'll let people out of state join in the 6 week challenge. (Justin doesn't isn't sure I can do it so now I am even more motivated ;P)
So Cute and SO much work. I am sure the girls love their horses. Way to be the "fun" mom. :)
We love our horse. Thanks for the fun week we had sooo much fun.
Post a Comment