One of my favorite things of being a parent is watching the cognitive development of kids. Having a background in teaching I have studied this quit a bit so it is interesting to see it first hand. Can't you just see their little wheels turning?
Here are a few of my favorite examples:
Kayla puts her shirt on backwards so she just takes her arms out, twirls it around and puts her arms back in. And when she puts her pants on backwards she just pulls them down and tries to twirl them around while they are still on her legs. Why won't that work?
Neeley thinks that she truly can be whatever she wants when she grows up. She has a list. Right now it is Hello Kitty, Tinker Bell (she asks me all the time when she will get her "real" wings, not just those dress up ones!), an angel, a teacher and Hannah Montana, in that order. And apparently the thing you are last you get to be forever!
Neeley just can't understand how she can be older but Kayla's birthday is first in the year. How could it be that Kayla has a birthday in September and hers in October if she is older?
The other day Neeley asked me how we got pee and poop in our bodies. It's was like she just thought is was coming from no where.
Neeley is starting to make word connections. Dogs bark, right? Well, then the bark we have under our playset outside is really called "dog bark".
Things Neeley says that I just can't correct: breastfast= breakfast, baby=maybe, back and forleth= back and forth, stepschool= stepstool.
The other day Neeley wrote her name perfectly. Backwards that is: ppoD yeleeN. I have a hard time doing that even when I am trying to.
Yesterday I said an angel had made the bed for me. Kayla refused to go in my room all day because there was an angel in there!
And my favorite of all: Mom can fix anything and everything with a kiss!

7 comments:
How cute is that! I'm glad you wrote all of those down. The girls are going to love reading them when they are older!
I love that! It is always fun to see those wheels turning its one of my favorite things as a parent too.
adorable! They say so many cute things. Keep writing them down!
We just love Toola and Eeley. They are so cute. Everywhere we go Cade asks if they are coming too.
Yes, kids are so cute...I think there could be a whole blog on what they say & I would go to it every day for a good laugh! Skye wants to fly (like really fly) & when we went to Disney World, she HAD to go see Peter Pan because she knew that he would show her Tinker Bell & sprinkle the pixie dust on her so she could fly. However, we always seemed to just miss Peter Pan, so she never saw him, but she keeps wishing & praying (literally) that she could fly! You got to love kids!
My kids make me laugh everyday. I love the things they come up with.
Hilarious! I'm so glad you shared those--nothing's better than the funny things kids say. Thanks for the laughs!
Post a Comment