Monday, April 20, 2009

Getting rid of the clutter!


With every pregnancy, I go through a major stage of nesting.  This one is no exception!  In fact, this time I really stepped up my game!


I like to think of myself as a pretty clean person, but as I was going through my junk, I felt like I needed some sort of intervention like they do on the show "Clean Sweep".  Jer would be my guide when I was being ridiculous on wanting to keep certain things.  As you have read on my earlier post, I can get really attached to objects, so some things even brought me to tears to get rid of.  Then once I threw them in the garage sale pile I would begin to feel better about it all.  After a while, I really go the hang of things and started tossing like mad.  Here is the picture of just SOME of the cloths we took to DI.  There were several more bags full that were already loaded in the car.  I felt like such a vagabond driving there with every inch of the car stuffed with bags of cloths.  I was glad to get rid of them so I could see that the kids  were actually in the car with me!

Everything else we saved for the garage sale.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the driveway with all of the stuff we cleaned out because it really was impressive!  We made almost $600.00.  It is amazing what people will buy!

Now all I do is go around the house finding more stuff I wish I would have sold!  I feel liberated and so much better now that every drawer, cupboard, closet, garage and basement is cleaned out!  I highly suggest this type of therapy.  It really does work!

2 comments:

ang said...

Whahoo! You're my hero--I'm inspired and in need of a good swift kick in the rear in this department!

Sarah said...

All right. Spring cleaning, here I come.

Way to go on your organization. You're a whiz at that one.