Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beach Vacation!


OK, so our vacation to California and Vegas was so fun that I didn't even take one single picture.  I am a bit disappointed in myself but I guess we were just having too much fun to even think about stopping for a pic.  The pics here are from other fun times we have had!


I guess I'll just have to a paint a picture.

Lilah was covered in sand from head to toe pretty much the whole week.  She apparently loves the taste of the stuff because between that and the crayons she ate while waiting for dinner at the restaurants, she had some pretty interesting diapers (TMI I am sure!)  She finally decided that she loves rides and cried every time we got her off of one at Knott's Berry Farm.

Kayla was on cloud nine the whole week.  She didn't want to stop a minute to sleep.  On the beach she entertained herself with building sand castles with Cade and eating whatever snacks we brought along.  She too loved the rides at KBF and really enjoyed the pool in Las Vegas.  She finally jumped in by her self without holding on to anyones hand.  In fact she did it when no one else was really paying attention - thank goodness for floaties!

One of Neeley's favorite things was making a bunny at Build A Bear.  It instantly become her companion for the trip.  She loved it when I took her out to ride the waves at the beach and was determined to build a perfect sand castle.  They always look so good in pics but never turn out that good in real life.  She too loved the pool at the hotel!

As for Jer and I, we enjoyed the time away from home to forget the every day life.  10 days filled with the beach, pool and relaxation isn't too bad!  We had a 1 bedroom suite at the Marriott (thanks to you Michelle) so we even had some space of our own too!  We enjoyed a ride up to Hoover Dam, fireworks overlooking the strip (multiple shows going on at once) and of  course you can't go to Vegas without a nice buffet or the I-D-Claire at Claim Jumper (while on a double date with Nikki and Clint, I might add, without kids - thanks to Mom and Dad!)

Ahhhh, now back to laundry and real life.......

2 comments:

Jennie said...

We're glad you had a fun time. I totally thought of our trip to Vegas when you mentioned the eclair. Yum!

I also like your parenting book. I'd love to sneek a look at it at the next fam get together. Then I can see if I should go and pick up my own copy.

Sarah said...

Looks like the summer has been good to you--how'd you like the ol' stomping grounds of Las Vegas? Do your kids remember it very well? I miss our play dates there.