I was a little taken back when the doctor told me this week that he was going to schedule me for a c-section. Kate has been "stuck" in the same position this whole pregnancy. She really has gotten comfy being breach. So today doc said that we may not be able to change this.
All I can think about was the easy labor and delivery of all of my girls. I could get up the next day and hardly even know I have had a baby. Then I start to remember what a difficult time I had when Lilah was 2 months old and I had to have my gal bladder taken out. I just remember how hard it was to try to nurse her with my incisions and how tired I was. Now add the recovery from being pregnant and delivery to that mess and I think it all sounds a little daunting. I am sure I sound like a baby, since many woman have to deal with this, it is just so sad to think about it when this is probably our last and I have had such good experiences so far.
So the plan is this: October first go in early in the AM and get my epidural right away. If her feet aren't straight down (too dangerous to try if they are this way) they will try to turn her. Happy about the whole epidural thing before any pain! If she flips (cross my fingers) they will break my water and deliver her. If not, then the big C will follow.
I just keep telling myself there is time. Lots of time between now and then for her to do a little summersault! And that priesthood blessing Jeremy gave me on Sunday is bound to help. So for now I am holding on to faith, lots of prayers and a little head nudging!

4 comments:
Make sure they give you the muscle relaxer before turning. Then you can turn around and get the pitocin, which does the opposite of the muscle relaxer! Good luck! Either way, Kate will be a nice little reward for all your hard work! :)
We will pray for a turn!
Oh man, those cramps following the C-section would seem like the worst thing in the world to have to deal with. You poor thing. I hope she's a gymnast, and can flip around with no problems!
Post a Comment