Friday, September 25, 2009

Nesting Complete!

With every pregnancy I get this extreme nesting impulse.  For months I have been checking off my list and adding more to it each day.  I am happy to report that as of today, we are ready for baby.  Some time around month 4 (when I finally get over the sick stage) I start my long process.  I first make a list of anything  and everything that has been on my mind to accomplish whether it be little like tightening a loose screw somewhere or tackling the biggest of projects  like cleaning out everything.  There is just something about having a fresh start when baby comes, with nothing pressing on your brain and no loose ends to tie up.  It really is liberating and I think it is something everyone should do a least once a year.  So here is a sampling of what my nesting has entailed:

Clean out every drawer, closet and cupboard.
Detail the car.
Wash car seat covers.
Organize food storage and pantry.
Stock the freezer with a dozen freezer meals (Thanks to Angela for our team effort on this one!)
Get out baby cloths and wash and put them away.
Wash windows.
Deep clean everything.
Get the girls photos taken.
Get Halloween costumes put together.
Have birth announcements ready to insert picture and mail.
Sew car seat cover and blankets for baby.
Pack hospital bag.
Get baby's seat ready in the car.
Get hair done and a pedicure.  (my personal favorite)
Have one last GNO before baby!  (can't wait for tonight!)
And the list goes on......

So, other than keeping up on laundry and one last scouring of the house, we are ready!!!  BRING ON BABY!


3 comments:

Circe said...

Good luck1 Keep us posted via text. It's finally our turn for the beach! Yay!

Sarah said...

Holy cow.
That's all I have to say about that.

Lexie said...

How cute............Paisleys!!! JK!