After the doctor told me on Tuesday that I was having a C-section for sure, I began preparing my mind for what was to come. When we got to the hospital and they gave me the gown to put on, it all seemed so overwhelming I was fighting back the tears. For some reason I go through this with every child at this point. Then came the I.V. This is always the worst part for me. They can never find a vein for the I.V. and they always have to dig and poke. I finally asked the nurse to bring in someone else to do the job after crying around the 6th attempt.
Once that was done they got Jeremy all suited up and ready for the OR. Then they wheeled me back and told Jer they would be back to get him when I was all prepped. The sight of the OR made me want to leave the baby in. I guess I really am a chicken. Anyway, they put in my spinal and were ready to cut in when the doctor casually suggested that we check one last time to see if Kate had somehow turned. I laughed and said, "Yeah right, I felt her kicking me this morning. But I guess we can check just for fun." When he turned on the ultra sound the room grew quiet and he said, is that a head down there. I looked over and couldn't believe my eyes. He made them turn down the lights and checked two more times just to be sure. We were all flabbergasted! She had turned. The nurses started having a hay day and were just as excited to tell Jeremy about it as I was. They put me back on a bed and wheeled me back down the hall. Jer thought they were just coming to get him on the way to the OR. The nurses told him we were having twins and he laughed. Then they told him she had turned and he laughed again. Then when he realized we were serious he got excited. They wheeled me down to a regular delivery room, turned on the petocin and waited till she dropped a bit just to be sure before proceeding. They brought in the ultra sound AGAIN just to be sure the miracle was still there and they broke my water.
Since the spinal only lasts 2 hours they had to give me an epidural too. It worked out OK though because I was still numb and didn't feel that one going in! At 8:20 p.m. little Kate made her debut into the world! 

Weighing 7 pounds and 4 ounces, 20 inches long and measuring a 10 on the apgar test, she was perfect.
And wow was she alert. She just looked around and turned her head toward every sound.
Grandma and Grandpa Gray hair were both there for the delivery as was Grandma Marlene. Jeremy saw more of this delivery than any other which was almost more than his weak stomach could handle. Good thing I didn't have a c-section!
I am so thankful for the easy delivery and the miracle of her turning on her own! It is a good testimony of having faith till the end. Thank heavens for priesthood blessings!
I just love that little wink!

5 comments:
Cute pics Jen! But.... too bad you can be part of my "C" club. It is almost worth it for the xtra days in the hospital. :)
I'm glad you guys are doing well.
She is just gorgeous! What a little blessing in our lives! We love her already
It is a miracle! Hooray! She's beautiful!
Are you serious?! She turned??!! Wow. That is truly amazing. Never heard of a baby making a "day-of" turn around. Looks like she'll keep you waiting right until the last second for things, eh? She'll probably not take a single step, and then on her first birthday, she'll stand up and run across the room.
I'm so glad you both made it through ok!!
congratulations! We love little Kates!
Post a Comment