Friday, January 29, 2010

Count your blessings!



Baby Blessing number four is coming tomorrow.  As with each blessing, traditions are all around.  My favorite, of course, is going to pick out the dress with my mom and dad.  I don't want any more kids, but I would sure take this opportunity to spend such a special day with them over and over again.  Last Saturday our day started out by visiting the dress shop.  My mom and I looked together at countless beautiful dresses, setting aside the ones that could possibly be "the one".  Neeley and Kayla loved looking at all of the pretty dresses and voiced their opinions as well.  Once we picked out a select few we tried on our favorite to see if it was just right.  I couldn't help but think of another time in my girls lives when we will be trying a special white dress.  I think it will feel a bit like that day!  Kate looked so precious in it so we knew it was the one!  It gives me a nostalgic feeling just thinking about it.


After picking out the dress, we went to lunch together.  It was so nice to sit and visit with Mom and Dad.  I know that their lives are winding down and it makes me just want to hold on to each and every moment I get to spend with them.  

On the way home, the girls and I were talking about their blessing dresses.  I told them all about the days we went to pick out their special dresses.  They asked what we were going to do with them and I said that we could keep them and they could have their daughters wear them on their special blessing day.  It brought a tear to my eyes when they both stopped me and said that their daughters couldn't wear those dresses because they had to have the special time of picking out the dresses with me.  I guess you just can't stop a tradition, especially one as special as this.

Thanks Mom and Dad for a lovely day!  I love you both!





4 comments:

Circe said...

What precious pictures of a beautiful girl!

Taylor Family said...

The dress is so beautiful. I love it.

ang said...

It is beautiful! Love the pictures!

Sarah said...

that is a gorgeous dress, and an even prettier baby. Great tradition...keep it going.