Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sucker!



Thumb sucker that is!  You take after your mamma.  Yep, I too was a thumb sucker.  The"thumb sucker" part of me thinks it is incredibly adorable but the "what my mom went through" side of me wants to scream!!!  I didn't want to give up thumb sucking.  I had this giant feather pillow that had to be cold and could never have a pillow case on it.  I would hold the corner of the pillow in my fist and sucked my thumb.  I remember getting lots of comfort from that silly thumb.  When it was time to kick the habit, Mom tried everything to help me get rid of it.  Finally (not sure how old I was but old enough to remember it) our family friend Judy bought me TL.  TL was an embroidered pillow that had a teddy or a lion, we never could decide which it was.  Hence the name TL.  If I gave up thumb sucking I could have TL and a cute little puppy stuffed animal that looked just like Strawberry Shortcakes puppy, Pupcake.  So, TL and Pupcake finally worked their magic and I kicked the habit.  


Let's hope we don't have to go through that later.  Until then, suck away little one, as long as you keep sleeping 9 hours in a row!!!!! Yipppeeeeee!

2 comments:

TulsaT said...

I always wanted a thumb sucker. It's really sweet. She's a doll!

Ashby Family said...

Ya I keep hoping Ariana will just grow out of her finger sucking habit and it has slowed down over the last year but I'm sure we are going to have to resort to outside help like a TL. I mean when one of the first things you do when you come into this world is suck the same fingers you will for the next 4 years I think its slightly ingrained into you. At least the finger sucking normally makes for easy self soothing : )