Sunday, April 25, 2010

Off The Sauce!

Sing to the tune of the Chili's Baby Back Ribs commercial jingle:
I want my body back, body back, body back,
B-a-b-y, my body back
You're off the sauce!

We have been singing a new tune around our house lately! When I took Kate in for her 6 month well check appointment we found out that she is not gaining enough weight. She went from being in 7% for weight down to below 0%. Doc says she looks healthy and checks out normal but thinks that my milk might not be rich enough due to the restricted diet I am on for her milk allergy. He said I should nurse her and then follow it up with some special formula. By the time you add cereal into the mix that is just way to many steps for this mama! I tried it for a few days and she took so well to the bottle that I decided it was time to have my body back for good! So as of this week, Kate is officially off the sauce!!

This posses some pros and cons for me however. (All selfish thinking of course!) Now that I am not nursing I can eat milk, butter and all the other good things I have abandoned for six months. Part of me is excited to really be able to get aggressive with weight loss now, but part of me is scared to death that I don't have a reason not to eat it all now. I had become quit accustomed to only being able to eat Jr. Mints and Oreos as treats and have gotten good at limiting my supply of them. Now everything is calling my name, like that hot fudge sundae I devoured the first night I got a chance to. So, today was my last little fling eating those things I have so longed for the past 6 months. Now tomorrow, it is back to business! I guess if I did it for that long, I can keep on keep'n on. With a few added changes of course!
And Kate, she is happy as a lark! I think she has even added a little pudge to those cheeks this week! Maybe she can move past being 12 pounds!

2 comments:

Circe said...

Those cheeks look chubby to me! She's so cute. I hope this works out better for everybody! Another milestone, Jen! No more nursing!

TulsaT said...

Welcome to the club of happily no-longer lactating mothers. It is amazing to feel like your body is your own again. You did great, 6 months is great.