Sunday, July 4, 2010

Grandpa's Game

Grandpa started a "game" with one of the grandkids. The rules are: Be good for 7 days straight. Call Grandpa each night to report. After 7 days Grandpa takes you on a special date to pick out a special toy. What started with just one grandchild is spreading to all 23. Neeley was the first in our family to play the game. She had to start her 7 days over once but was successful and loved going on her date to pick out a new DS game. Kayla was second and had a rougher start. After having to start her seven days over several times she looked at me and said, "I am not playing this game! I'll just wait and ask Santa for what I want!" But, after a little more thought and the temptation of a new DS game she kicked it into gear and won the "game". Next was Lilah's turn. We decided to make her game very specific. She has been potty trained since she turned two but suddenly decided she was just too lazy to go into the bathroom at times. So her game was 100% potty success. Luckily Grandpa was out of town during hers so she had to play the game for almost two weeks. That gave her plenty of time to master the game. After asking me every day if Grandpa was home yet, the day finally came. She ran around the house flailing her arms with excitement. Grandma and Grandpa came and picked her up and didn't bring her home until she was thoroughly spoiled. She came home with a new bike, a barbie, a box of coveted dots and having been to Burger King for a play on the toy, a kids meal and a new crown. This was the crowning glory of 2 weeks of hard work. And the best part of the game: she won and keeps winning everyday! Thanks Grandpa for spoiling our girls and spoiling us with some good behavior!






3 comments:

Lexie said...

Adorable

Circe said...

When you say success, do you mean that she didn't get her arm caught in the potty? hee hee! She is such a cutie!

TulsaT said...

I'm crazy jealous that your kids have grandparents that are so active in their lives. My kids grandparents are old people they only get to see once or twice a year. Tell your parents I think what they are doing is wonderful and I want to be just like them when I get old (older)!