Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kater Tot turns 1!








Having Kate's birthday the day after Kayla's certainly makes cake a little less appetizing but it sure doesn't take the excitement out of the party!


Kate's birthday was split into two different parties. The first was a celebration dinner with the grandparents. Kate was so excited to open her giant present from Grandma and Grandpa Greyhair which she got plenty of help with. My mom mentioned that with so many siblings I didn't get a chance to open any presents on my own until I was at least 5. I am sure Kate will experience the same.

The next celebration came when all the family got together to celebrate the birthdays for the month. Kate enjoyed her cake so much she licked the bowl. I even got a picture of my favorite "Kate" face - the surprised look!

Kate really is a joy to have. Being our last, I relish each day with her. Every moment of her day is filled with adoring sisters doting over her. Kate is always happy and rarely cries. She loves to crawl around and follow anyone she can, she loves to unload the bathroom cupboard, has mastered the stairs going up and down, loves oatmeal, spaghetti, black beans, peas and just eating in general, loves playing outside, loves balloons and most of all loves her sisters! However she hates the car and hates, hates, hates to be left out of anything!

Kate, you will never be lacking in love. This is evident as the girls fight over who can get you out in the morning as they race up the stairs! We love you Toot!

3 comments:

Circe said...

I can't believe little Kate is already one! How does it go by so fast? She is so cute and so sweet! We love her.

ang said...

Wow, that went so fast! What a doll she is! Every bit as darling as her sisters! Happy Birthday little Kate!

Sarah said...

Oh my gravy!! Birthday central at your house! How did you pull off three parties at once? So impressive, and that cake is incredibly cute! I didn't realize Kate's birthday was the day after Kayla's. I can't believe your baby is one!