When I was about 9 months old my mom had my pictures taken in "THE" red dress. Being the sentimental one that I am I have always been thankful my mom kept that dress for me. As each of my girls have cut their two front teeth, I would take them to get their pictures taken in "THE" red dress. Now that we are all done and have this gaggle of 4 girls I am exceptionally pleased to display them on the wall: "THE" red dress, my picture and each of theirs. I am still planning on adding our names to the bottom of the glass on each picture and am trying to find some sort of saying to put in vinyl letters above the dress. I would love something about heritage or girls but I haven't found just the right one yet. Any ideas?
Sunday, November 21, 2010
"THE" Red Dress
It is funny how just the sight of a certain fabric can bring a flood of emotions. Over the years I have kept pieces of clothing that bring back those nostalgic feelings. Our first date shirts, kids cloths, a dress I wore to the temple when I got my endowments, a special blankie, etc are all examples of a few precious things I have waiting in my cedar chest to make my life quilt. I wonder at what point in life I will feel like I have a full enough hope chest to begin my quilt?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
The wall turned out so great. I bet you are thrilled. The life quilt is such a great idea!!! Too bad I didn't keep some of those clothes! :(
what a darling idea! I love it!! Sorry I'm no help with a quote but I love the dress and all the pictures up on the wall. : )
That is the cutest idea ever!
Oh my goodness, I LOVE that. I'm a sucker for the sentimental things as well (although I don't have much for a life quilt). I just love that red dress, and the pictures of all your girls in it--so, so awesome. Just so neat.
"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."
Or "Family weaves love, friendship, and happiness into a beautiful thing, that is much like a red dress."
Golda
Post a Comment