Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dad's in the Kitchen



When Dad's in the kitchen, there's only a few things that could be going on. Jer inherited many wonderful things from his mom but cooking is not one of them. Actually he is the resident breakfast chef but beyond that anything he does usually involves a pizza pan and the oven. I don't mind this so much because he does the dishes most every night and many other times in between.


Recently he branched out and made mac-n-cheese for the first time. Truth be told, I think he could make just about anything but he learned at an early age that knowledge brings responsibility. Like the time when he cleaned the windows so well, it became his regular job. So for him, mac-n-cheese was really taking it on.

However, the best thing he does in the kitchen is put the kids on the fridge. It all started when they used to put his lil' sis Nikki on the fridge to tease her. Now we do it for fun. The kids all love it but Kate is still a little unsure of it. She keeps her arms up in the air the whole time she is up there and is sure happier on the way down.

2 comments:

Circe said...

Geez, that fridge thing sure stuck! Scott does it all the time. It's so funny that we all have pictures of our kids sitting on the fridge. I bet we're the only people in the world who do that! :)

Ashby Family said...

The fridge thing is still funny to me. I don't think I could let my kids sit on top because that's a part of my house that gets cleaned once maybe every 3 years. Glad to see Jeremy has picked up a new cooking skill. He should come teach Justin ; )