Saturday, March 26, 2011

Piece O' Cake

I have wanted to take a cake decorating class for a long time now. Each year when October rolls around and I make what seems like a million cakes for our family, I wish I knew all the right techniques, which tips to use and how to make it all beautiful. I have been able to pull off some cute ones, but never as pro looking as I have in mind. So I finally decided take the Wilton Cake Decorating class. Mom gave me a gift certificate for it Christmas before last and I had never gotten around to taking it until now.

It was really fun and I enjoyed developing this talent more. Here are a few samples of my class projects:








6 comments:

Unknown said...

Look good and taste good!

Circe said...

Fun projects! You'll be rivaling Marlene before you know it! But then you'll be asked to make cakes for EVERYTHING! :)

Sarah said...

So envious!! those roses are incredible! When you teach your own class, call me, and I'll sign up! Those cakes look amazing!

lvsavingmadesimple said...

Those roses are amazing! Taking a cake decorating class is on my bucket list. I've wanted to since I was like 8 years old. Can't waite to see your cakes this october : )

Carl and Starla said...

Some day I hope to be able to take a cake decorating class! Love all of the ones you made! Way cool.

TulsaT said...

If they taste even half as good as they look you done good.