Thursday, September 19, 2013

A new adventure!


As Neeley gets older she has so many fun new opportunities coming her way.  She decided to play the violin at school since they begin to offer it starting in the fourth grade.  When we went to the parents meeting and came home with a violin she was almost in disbelief.  I for one thought it was pretty cool too!  Although, having played in the band as a child I thought I might be able to help a bit but quickly found out I am completely clueless when it comes to string instruments.  She gets up early each day and leaves just after seven for her class every morning.  I love that she gets the opportunity to go to class every day but getting her out the door before the rest of the crew can be challenging.  Luckily I have a friend that will drive her every morning so I don't have to add a fourth trip to the school every day!

So far she is still learning to pluck but she can't wait to start playing for real.  We can't wait to hear her play her first song, no matter how screechie it may be!

1 comment:

Circe said...

She came home from school with a violin?? So do you not need the one you got from me? So excited for her!