Thursday, January 17, 2008

Break time!

Neeley is off to school, Kayla is in bed (not asleep yet, still protesting nap time) and Lilah is just fed and now in dreamland.  I am waiting for my cocomotion to finish mixing my hot chocolate.  I decided that when you work it is law that you get two fifteen minute breaks a day so I try to do the same.  Right now the laundry is screaming to be done, the kids toys are strewn about, what to have for dinner is on my mind and I have only a limited amount of time before it is time to boob the baby again and go pick up Nells at school.  BUT, I am now forcing myself to have some me time.  Most days I say, oh, I'll just pick these things up really quick, put in a load of wash and start mixing up something for dinner (well, no, nix the dinner thing because I haven't been cooking much lately.) and before I know it my me time is flown by and I didn't take it.  Today, I am taking it!


So off I go to drink my hot chocolate, watch part of some lifetime show and deliver a cup to Jer who is working in the basement.  Maybe I can convince him to take a break too!  Who knows?

1 comment:

Circe said...

Good for you! It's always good to take a break, especially when hot chocolate is involved. I'm doing the same thing right now! Here's to sanity!