Tuesday, November 4, 2008

NOT a fan.

Ok, so most of you know how this family voted this year.  I just can't stand not posting my view on the subject and get my opinion out one more time.  I have major issues with a man that thousands of people voted for because of the color of his skin.  They call it so progressive but for whom?  The pendulum is just swinging the other way if you ask me.  If someone would have said, I'm voting for good old John because he is white there would have been an uproar.  Go figure.  They actually did a news piece about this.  They went out on the streets and interviewed minorities and asked them if they agreed with Barracks views.  They went through several things and asked if they agreed to each point, what the people being interviewed didn't know was that they were actually using McCain's views but saying they were Barracks.  Funny how they were so on board with what "Barrack" was going to do. That aside, even if you voted for Barrack, are you not scared to have him have so much control with such a one sided congress and senate?  All I have to say is I am fearful!  I am however grateful for the words of our bishop last Sunday.  "If we do not agree with the leaders of our nation, isn't it wonderful to have a leader whom we can trust, look towards and emulate- our prophet.  We have someone we know we can follow and never be lead astray!"


Oh, and you "BO" supporters, if you think your health insurance is going to be so much cheaper now, just remember, the money has to come from somewhere!  And next time you have to wait 6 months for a procedure, remember you asked for it.

With that said, I just want to leave you with this little thought I got on email today.

Fellow Business Executives:
As the CFO of this business that employees 140 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama will be our next President, and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that the Clients will have to see an increase in our fees to them of about 8% but since we cannot increase our fees right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off eight of our employees instead. This has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go.

So, this is what I did. I strolled thru our parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem.  These folks wanted change: I gave it to them.

If you have a better idea, let me know.
Sincerely,
CFO




5 comments:

Jennie said...

Wow.... look at all your posts. You go girl. I loved your little story about the CFO. I hadn't heard that one before. Even though everyone doesn't agree, I'm glad you have your own opinion. The people who I'm really afraid of are the ones who don't have opinions and don't share them.

Circe said...

Yikes! I don't think many people voted based on race. I think we're all just ready for a change. End the war and end the recession...I'm counting on Obama, because I knew McCain couldn't do it! Do you think we'll have a heated debate during girls' weekend? :) Maybe we should agree to disagree.

Taylor Family said...

Hey lets give someone a chance. He can't possibly screw things up as bad as Bush has. I just hope his new ideas will jump start the economy. As for higher taxes the middle class is better off with Obama. That is a funny story though. I think it is funny how many different opinions we all have. I love that!

Jenny said...

I am not against giving him a chance, but I am still fearful. I hope he proves me wrong. I would love for things to improve!

I just love talking politics with the fam. It is so fun to get people going!

Michelle said...

It's good to have some balance in the family, otherwise we might all become socialists (actually I think we are pretty even, mostly pretty moderate, but we have to have someone on both ends otherwise the debates would be really boring). :)

Sorry you are fearful, I definitely know how that feels (last 2 elections I was scared out of my mind), and I very much hope you aren't as right to be scared as I ended up being. :)