Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What's going on at our house?




I know, it isn't even Thanksgiving yet but I just can't resist.  I got used to putting Christmas up early when we lived in Vegas because we would come home so early every year that if I didn't get it put up we wouldn't have time to enjoy it.


I put everything but the tree up on Saturday while Jer was at the BYU vs. Utah game (dare I mention again that we won?).  When the girls woke up the next morning they were so excited to see it all.  It reminds me of when Neeley was just 2 and I decorated while she was having a nap.  When she woke up she just kept repeating, "Thank you Mommy, thank you." 


On Sunday Jer and the girls helped me put up the tree.  Lilah was dying to get her hands on it all, except for Santa that is.  We brought her in to see our Santa (which is taller than Jer) and she could only look for a few seconds before turning away.  It was as if she thought her eyes would burn if she looked too long.  She has since warmed up to the big guy and is very curious about that big beard.  Maybe this will get her used to the idea and she won't take till she's four to sit on Santa's lap like Neeley and Kayla have.

2 comments:

Ashby Family said...

Such a pretty tree Jen! We are going to decorate this weekend and my girls and I can hardly wait. It is a huge taboo to my parents to decorate before Thanksgiving so I've had to hold my excitement in and stick to pumpkins for a few more days since Thanksgiving is at my house, no way am I waiting until Dec 1 like they think I should though ; )

Sarah said...

Gorgeous tree, and a Santa taller than Jeremy? You guys do things big!
Let me know how you manage to keep Lilah away from the cute Christmas village. I don't know how I'm going to keep my tree from being pulled over.