Yesterday I had a run in with the shower door at the gym. I am naturally a clumsy person but have never had to go to the emergency room because of it until now! I have just always had many bruises and stubbed toes.
OK so if you are going to do something like this I suggest you do it when you are fully clothed, because I wasn't yesterday and it posed a bit of a problem. I was just getting out of the steam room and headed into the shower. On my way in I reached back to pull the door shut and obviously wasn't paying attention because I slammed my fingers in it. I pinched my fingers right between the heavy glass door and the tile wall. At first I though I was just going to have some bruised fingers until I looked down and saw bone. It was then that I panicked! Here I was no cloths on, no one with me and my kids were at the day care there at the gym. I got dressed the best I could and ran out to my car. By this time my pregnancy emotions were kicking in and I was pretty upset. I tried to get Jeremy on the phone but he wasn't answering so I called Mom Marlene and she was on her way to rescue me. By the time she got there Jer was too so Jer took me to the ER and Mom took the girls home.
They did some x-rays right away and determined it was not broken or cracked. Then they checked it out and said I was lucky that I had just missed the nerves and had not gone through the tendons. What I thought was bone was really just my tendon. So I just have a lot of stitches and a stupid story to go with them!
I am just really grateful for things like numbing medicine, family, doctors, stitches and things not being as bad as they could have! So for the time being I am practicing my left handed skills.

4 comments:
Oh my gosh Jen! How terrible! I hope your hand gets feeling better soon. Let us know if you want to get together during these next few days of "solo" time. :)
Yikes! Why don't you bring your kids over here and let them run around while you lie on my couch and rest your hand? We're home all day tomorrow.
I'm so sorry! Ouch! BTW- congrats on the pregnancy!
Oh man! I can't believe you held it together long enough to get dressed and get your kids and get in the car. I would have been a wreck! I'll wish some healing dust on you.
Post a Comment