Here is my super mom tip of the day! Make a chore chart for you kids and have them do more work! I decided it was time to put my kids to work a bit more and a chore chart just seemed to be the right idea. Being artistically challenged and having kids that can't read I had to come up with some idea that they could know what their chores were. So I came up with a picture chart. I went around the house and took pictures of all of the chores I wanted them to be able to do. Then I put velcro on the back of them and on a plastic folder for each of them. The extra pictures fit neatly inside and their chores stick to the outside until they get them done. They love it and I am really loving the idea of having four girls around to help out (eventually that is).
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Getting More Done!
I have gotten a lot of inspiration from a book that I just love. It is: The Parenting Breakthrough.
Basically what it is, is a plan to help your kids be prepared for real life when it is time to leave the home. It talks about teaching them everything from making their bed or cleaning a toilet to changing a tire or balancing a check book. My favorite part of the book is where it gives you a list of things for each age that they should be able to do. If you follow the plan, by the time it is time for those little ones to fly the nest, they should be ready with the necessary skills. Not really anything out of the ordinary but I like the way it helps you come up with a plan so nothing gets left out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Taking pictures of their chores--I love it!! I've been trying to find good clip-art pictures for years. Don't know why I didn't ever think of that one! so clever.
Post a Comment