Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Day Old Child!


My day old child lay in my arms

with my lips against her ear
I whispered softly, "How I wish, I wish that you could hear;

"I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(A tiny cough and a nod)
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow
so I can tell you about God."

My day old baby's mouth was still
and my words only tickled her ear.
but a kind of light passed through her eyes, 
and I saw this thought appear.

"How I wish I had a voice and words;
I've a hundred things to say.
Before I forget I'd tell you of God - 
I left Him yesterday."

- Carol Lynn Pearson

5 comments:

ang said...

Jenny, she is just so beautiful! What a treasure. I am so very happy for you all. Please let me help in any way I can.

Lexie said...

so cute!

Circe said...

She is adorable! And you look great. We love ya.

TulsaT said...

Look at those wonderful cheeks! She's an angel.

Sarah said...

Wow, she's so gorgeous! Not even a bruise!
(And your hair looks great, too, by the way--love the color)!

Can't wait for the birth details. Was the c-section harder than you thought?

Congratulations!