Bili lights are not the kind of sunshine we like in our family. But since Kate is jaundice, she has to stay under them for 3 days. It is so sad to see her cry at times because she is done being under the lights. I just want to be able to hold her for long periods of time and then snuggle her in her cute little bed. Instead she is left naked and helpless for hours on end under the lights. I hope we are done with this soon.
When they delivered the bili lights the guy told us she needs 24 hour supervision to be sure that her goggles stay on so she doesn't go blind. As if being a new mom you aren't up enough in the night. I will be glad to have this little stress behind us and I can get at least a little more sleep! Sorry Kate! This will be over soon!
As I was sitting there last night watching Kate cry under the lights I started to think about what she is going through. I am sure in her immature understanding she just wants it to stop and doesn't know why she has to go through all of this. And, I as a parent have to watch her struggle with it knowing that it is ultimately for her health and good. The thought then came to me that I am sure Heavenly Father goes through this with us sometimes. He has to sit back and watch us struggle through trials. We wonder why we can't be rid of them and our immature minds can't understand why.

4 comments:
Poor, poor Kate, and poor, poor Jenny. That would break my heart.
Good thought on struggles in life. Right on.
I'm sorry to hear about little Kate's troubles. I agree. Hopefully it will end soon.
I love you insight. So true and I bet that's something you won't forget from this experience.
She is adorable! I'm so glad she is o.K. after all that. Love GOLDA
Post a Comment