Monday, September 6, 2010

Feeling Toasty!





With the anticipation of summer coming to an end I knew I had to fit it all in. That included a fun breakfast idea that I read on my friend Sarah's blog long ago and have wanted to do it since. I was prompted to think about it again when I saw it on a cooking blog. With thoughts of rushed school day mornings looming, I just couldn't resist this leisurely breakfast activity.


The girls love white bread and affectionately we call it Grandma's bread because that is the only place they get it. When I came home with a loaf of white bread they knew it must be for something special.

At first they weren't sure about painting their toast but soon got into it and wanted to go through the whole loaf in one morning. I convinced them to do just one slice each with a promise to try it again. I have never had such beautiful toast and grilled cheese sandwiches. It ended up being a really fun activity that we will definitely do again some time. Sometime when I buy white bread again that is......

Recipe:
White bread
milk
food coloring

Mix a few tablespoons milk with food coloring. Paint on bread, then toast.

No comments: