Wednesday, September 22, 2010

True Beauty







I had the best opportunity this summer to help my niece Golda compete in the Miss Kaysville Teen Pageant. It brought back so many memories of my pageant days, it almost made me wish I could go back. Golda needed someone backstage besides her mom (no moms allowed) to help her with outfit changes, hair and make up. We spent the dress rehearsal perfecting everything from her walk to her make-up. I was amazed at how well Golda held up under pressure and how well she remembered every little detail we worked on.


Although she didn't come away with the crown( I thought she deserved it!), she came away with much more. Besides being most photogenic and getting the award for the best platform, she walked away a true beauty. I am so thankful I have such a talented, kind and beautiful niece to be an example to my girls. If they turn out like Golda, I know they will be just fine!

3 comments:

Circe said...

You're so sweet! Golda was inspired when she chose you to be her backstage mom. You went above and beyond, and really nailed the job. you were the perfect person to lend the right energy and professionalism to the situation. I can't believe you took all those notes during the dress rehearsal! I was so glad you knew exactly what to do. Thank you so much! It will be fun to see all of our girls go through all these experiences!

Circe said...

Thank you so much! I loved having you be there to help change dresses, give me tips, and encouragement. It was such a fun experience! Maybe when your girls are doing pageants I could be their backstage helper! When Neeley is my age, I'll be 18!
Thanks again!
Love, Golda

Circe said...

Thank you so much! I loved having you be there to help change dresses, give me tips, and encouragement. It was such a fun experience! Maybe when your girls are doing pageants I could be their backstage helper! When Neeley is my age, I'll be 18!
Thanks again!
Love, Golda