You know how you hear of people falling in love across a crowded room. Well, I guess you could say that is what happened between Jer and I. Jeremy was with a group of his friends at "The Bay" (A dance club that was a perfect hang out for return missionaries since it was for 18 years and older and alcohol free). My best friend convinced me to go with her since she was single and really needed a night out. I on the other hand was engaged, but that's a whole other post!
Well that is where it happened. I saw Jeremy from across the room and our eyes locked. It was one of those stares that just kept going so long that you didn't want to be the one to break it. This went on most of the evening until it came to the last token slow dance. Apparently it was not Jer's style to approach a girl, but he just couldn't resist and came to ask me to dance. I guess you could say the rest is history.
Later Jer told me that it was my eyes that drew him in. So it is no wonder that this was the first thing that came to mind when the opthemologist said eye surgery. I have a growth on my lower lid that looks suspicious. He gave us options but really the only logical one is the "safe" option of just getting rid of it and having peace of mind. If it were anywhere else on my body, I would never question it. But hearing about taking out a wedge of my lower lid which involves losing lashes, plastic surgery and a scar, I am not so sure about it all. I am teetering back and forth between my safety and my vanity. I think deep down a part of me connects Jeremy's love and adoration with my eyes. Silly, I KNOW it's not that way but somehow it's all connected.
So for now it is my health outweighing my vanity. Monday is surgery. Let's hope I still "see" it that way then. Doc said it should be not too major, let's cross our fingers it isn't.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Jennifer's Peeper"s
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow Jen! That sounds painful. I hope everything goes well for you! Keep us posted.
Sorry I'm behind on blogging! So scary to have someone slicing around your eyes--they are gorgeous.
No worries, though...as long as you can still wink at Jeremy, you'll be working the magic!
Post a Comment