Thursday, June 6, 2013

Behind the Scenes


There are times as a mother that I am so proud to find out what my kids have done.  Neeley has been talking about a girl at school that has struggled because some serious life threatening illnesses that her sister faces.  She often misses school because of it and has fallen behind in some areas.  Because of this I think she became the brunt of some teasing and had a hard time with friends for a bit.  Neeley began telling me about how she would help her friend in class get caught up and even stuck up for her at play.  When she had her play she couldn't wait to meet her friends sister and was so excited that she would be well enough to come to the performance!  One day I found this note in Neeley's back pack to her friend.  Neeley has always been mature for her age and I am thankful she is so thoughtful too!  She doesn't know I saw the note.  It brought tears to Jeremy and I when we read it.

1 comment:

Circe said...

So proud of Neeley!