Sunday, August 25, 2013
Making the Climb
Day four brought us to rock climbing. This turned out to be an awesome lesson of pushing yourself beyond what you believe you can do for the girls. The first time around only Neeley and her friend Caroline made it to the top. But that even took some coaxing. The next time around we made a goal and gave a pep talk. Each of the girls reached a limit where they didn't think they could go any farther. I just kind of ignored them for a bit and let them work it out. Since I was belaying and wouldn't let them down they didn't really have a choice. I just pretended I couldn't hear their pleas and each of them eventually reached the top. It was fun to see them gain strength mentally for their physical climb!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment