Lilah has been home for exactly one week now. She really is a good baby so far. She had a rough night the second night home where she got up every hour but since then she has been great. I wake her up 2 times a night and then she sleeps, well, like a baby! When I went in to get her today she looked so cute I had to do a photo shoot. Kayla came to have a peak too!
Yesterday Neeley wanted to take some pictures to show her class at school. So we put their matching shirts on and did a little photo shoot then too. I can't help but laugh at how red faced Lilah is from screaming and how cheesy Nell's grin is. It reminds me of the theatre symbol with the happy and sad face.
Nee Nee and LaLa have been so cute with her. It is like Christmas morning every morning for Neeley. The first thing she asks is, "Where's Lilah?" Today her umbilical cord finally fell off. Neeley has been anxiously waiting for this event because I told her that Lilah could have a real bath when this happened. She was so excited to have a bath with her so all four of us girls got in the tub together. It is really fun to see the girls get so excited about the baby. I had such a wonderful childhood with my sisters. There is just something about sisterhood!
We have been so blessed to have family around us. I have never had so many yummy meals. Between the ward and my sister in laws we have had a dinner every night since we came home. In fact tonight was the first night we had to make dinner. We still get one last dinner tomorrow night from Jennie which we will treasure as our last. I have felt a little guilty accepting so many dinners but it sure has been nice. I have been talking to the girls a lot about service lately. Each time we have had a dinner, some babysitting or someone has shoveled our driveway I have been able to point out this act of service. What a wonderful bunch of examples to draw from! Neeley and Kayla have gotten so used to dinners they keep asking, whose bringing dinner tonight! All of the leftovers have been fun too because I haven't had to make lunch. The only draw back is all of the desserts! If I keep eating all of them, I'll never get this baby weight off.
My parents have been staying here with me since Jer left on the cruise on Wednesday. It has been so fun to have them here. The girls get the added attention they need and I get the help and support I need. Thanks Mom and Dad!
Just in case it's been a while since you've experienced a newborn, here are a few of my favorite things:
The way she nuzzles up to my neck when I hold her. The cute little squeaks. Hiccups. Baby size sneezes, 3 or 4 in a row. Peace. Sleeping so quiet you have to make sure they are alive. Sleeping so loudly you have to turn off the monitor. The way she wraps her little fist around my finger. The way they put their arms up stiff in the air with this helpless cry when you take their cloths off. Baby acne. Miniature toes and fingers. The cry where they say, "la, la, la". And lastly, how sweet they smell after a bath!
Baby hungry yet?

3 comments:
Hey! I caught you blogging! I was on my way to your travel site. Those pictures are so cute! What precious girls. Keep the pictures coming!
Baby hungry yet? Not quite, I am still wiped out today from the four little ones I alreay have. :) However, I can't wait to get my hands on your little one to smell her and love her to pieces. We are so happy for you guys.
She is so sweet! I can finally relate to the sleeping like a baby. Austin had 3 2 hour naps and last night he only got up 2 times. Horray! Newborns are so much fun, and so much work. I can't wait to hold Lilah again.
Post a Comment