Ok so I thought I would send out a little warning to sippie cup users! Of course you are all probably much smarter than I am and would never think of going here but just in case....
Kayla's favorite Dora sippie has been missing for who knows how long. Yesterday Kayla was elated to find it under my bed. Luckily I managed to stop her from taking a sip just before it hit her lips. She couldn't figure out why I was making such a big deal of her not drinking it and she started to cry. Feeling bad I said, we will just wash it and you can have it later!
BIG MISTAKE! BIG ONE! I thought it had had some orange juice in it so I thought how bad could it be. A little mold never hurt anyone right? Seconds after opening it I knew it wasn't OJ it was milk. Or should I say cheese? Making it this far I thought, I can't just give up now so I continued on with the task of washing it out and stuck it in the dish washer. Then I spent the next two hours trying to get the smell out of the house. Even the sink stunk and my hands, now thats a whole different story!! Most of you are probably thinking by now, how stupid is she. Well, not dumb enough to throw the thing away yet!
I thought I better get that dishwasher started pretty quick so I held my breath as I opened the door and poured the detergent in as fast as I could. At least I was smart enough to put on the extra hot option, right??
Today I opened the dishwasher to unload the dishes and it hit me. The smell was still there. Feeling defeated, I finally got smart and threw the dumb thing away. Then I spent about 10 minutes sniffing everything else in the dishwasher to see if the stench rubbed off on them. Luckily it didn't but I'm not taking any chances! I am now waiting for that load to rewash!
For some reason this whole senario brings to mind the old commercial they used to play at the movies (and I think they still do at Kaysville theatre) of the janitor that goes to open the theatre doors and everyone yells "Don't open the door" just as he gets bombarded with trash as soon as he opens it. So in honor of this....DON'T OPEN THE SIPPIE!!!!

3 comments:
Been there...that's hilarious! :)
So funny. We are saying ditto to that at our house.
Remind me to tell you the story of the sippie found under the back seat of the car after a week in the middle of August.
I didn't open it, but I didn't need to, I found it by smell anyway. :)
Post a Comment