Already practiced from the day before, Neeley posed herself!
Neeley and her friend Morgan.On Wednesday Neeley had her big dance recital at Weber State. She looked so grown up with her make up on and her pretty dress. Kayla can't wait to be just like her. She did a wonderful job dancing even though she was 6 or 7 beats behind most everyone. I figure at least she did it all. She was so proud of herself afterwards. We tried telling her she was the prettiest one out there but she informed us that it was rude to say you are prettier and that they are all pretty!
One highlight of the evening was someone else's darling. She marched on stage with all the other girls and just happened to be the girl who was front and center. She then proceeded to stand perfectly still with her arms folded. The girls all danced around her, tried to include her in their circle formation and all the while she stood like a statue. At one point the girl next to her noticed what was happening and touched her arm trying to console her. Still didn't work. When the number was over, this little girl stayed out on stage, arms folded still, while her entire class left the stage. She stood there and stood there and stood there. They were trying to convince her to come but she wasn't going anywhere. Finally her Mom had to go out and get her. Needless to say, we all laughed. Poor thing is probably scared for life!

3 comments:
Neely, you look so pretty. I am sure you were awesome! Jen, I love the outfits they arranged for you. I love that they can totally be used again. That is always one of the annoying parts of dance for me.... you pay all the money for costumes and then they just go in a dress up box. I also loved the story of the "little intruder". I hope someone got it on video. I bet that would totally make American's funniest home video.
Those are seriously the cutest costumes ever! Good job, Neeley! You look like a natural dancer. I love the kids that fall apart onstage. It's so funny when it's someone else's kid...and even if it's your own!
Loved the funny story about the "I'm not gonna dance" girl! I wish I could have seen that! Neeley looks adorable! Can't believe she pulled off two recitals in a row---what a girl!
Post a Comment