Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Now THIS is Summer!




On Monday we all got together at my sister Shauna's house for a summer party.  We rented the big blow up water slide for the kids and they spent about 8 hours wearing themselves out on it along with the trampoline and bikes.  We had a barbeque for lunch and ended up staying so long we had to order pizza for dinner.  It was a relaxing day, just sitting around chatting with my sisters while the kids completely ignored us!  I loved it!  Neeley thought her older cousin Linzie was the greatest for catching her every time she came down the slide.  I tried going down a few times with her but couldn't stand the freezing cold water! There is just something about watermelon stained faces, wet towels and the smell of a grill that says, this is summer!

3 comments:

Circe said...

Apparently, you hogged up all the summer, because there isn't any left!

Jennie said...

I know what you mean. I was outside with the kids tonight and loved it! I only wish I could throw them in the car for a quick trip to get a cone. Unfortunately... that is not part of my healthy life style at the moment. :) The other bad thing is the weather. When is summer going to decide to stay?

Ashby Family said...

Watermelon, water and BBQ ya, you got it perfect, that is summer! So much fun!! I can't wait for my August trip up to Utah when the girls and I get to spend two wonderful weeks playing with family and enjoying the pool. I'm jealous you can do that already. : ) Enjoy!