The beauty of a child's inability to tell time and dates really can come in handy! Kayla's birthday just happened to be while we were in Las Vegas. We didn't want her to feel bad so we told everyone to not tell her it was her birthday. On our way home from the airport we started talking about what day we wanted to make her birthday. It was kind of nice to pick a day that was convenient for us! We chose Friday. The night before Jer was working so I got a sitter and went shopping. Then I came home and put the girls to bed and stayed up till 11 pm making and decorating Kayla's birthday cake. She wanted a tinkerbell cake so I got a tinkerbell figure and decorated around it with cute flowers. (Remember this part for later on in the post. Up till 11 pm and nicely decorated cake!) I also hung streamers on her door frame and going into the living room and blew up some balloons.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Happy Happy non-Birthday Kayla!
When Kayla woke up in the morning she went running downstairs. The first thing she said when she saw the living room was, "HOLY FREAKIN COW!" She was so excited to see all of her presents especially the big one. She has been asking for a big girl bike so we got her one and I wrapped it up in the funny papers. When she saw the package she said, I got a bike. Neeley was so upset and came running to tell me that Kayla knew what her present was before she unwrapped it. Hmmm, that was a tough guess, especially with the pedal sticking out! She loved her bike and her tink doll but her favorite thing was the cake. She loved it so much that while we were upstair getting ready she licked the frosting off of most of it. I had to hold Jeremy back when he found her there looking like the cat that swallowed the canary. (Or should I say, the kid that swallowed the frosting?) He was ready to move her birthday to another day.
After getting over the cake episode, we went to Chuck E Cheese for lunch. Ever since we lived in Vegas the girls have loved CEC and were so excited to find out about the new one. Nikki, Cade and Austin met us there too. Then it was time for naps.
After naps we got the girls dressed up in costume and headed for the Treehouse Museum in Ogden for their Halloween story adventure. They take you to different story book characters who tell their story and then give the kids a treat. Kayla loved it all and was satisfied to get in bed that night after a full day of fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Jenn, I am glad Kayla had such a great birthday. She's a cutie and she deserves it, but where is the picture of the cake? We can't wait for the horse party next week!
Happy Birthday Kayla! I would never have thought of suspending the birthday because they wouldn't realize. Smart!!! Neeley's comment about the bike is hilarious. I hope your trip here was a good get away for you guys.
Yes, great idea to postpone the ol' birthday. Love pullin' the wool over those cute kiddos' eyes!
So fun to have a big girl bike!
Post a Comment