Every Mom wants the best for their child. We want them to grow up and be responsible, be loving, and lead a full life. I think that is why it is so incredibly difficult to see your child be bullied. I think there is something inside of us that takes us back to those times in our life when we felt picked on. We all have our moment that we go back to that seems to drag up those old feelings of insecurity. Today, for the first time was one of those moments in Neeley's little life. I know it won't be the last and I know as a mom I can't fix it all but it just makes you want to. You just wish you could make it all better, make it go away, and teach her that in the long run it doesn't and won't really matter. But for her, today, it does matter and as a mom I am left to wonder what to do. My mom has always said that being a mom gets easier physically only to be replaced by mental challenges as we raise our children. I am afraid that today we have embarked down that long road. We just have to teach them the best we can and let them brave it by themselves. You just want to pull the kid aside and bully them right back, but you know you can't. I am left to question how, though. What words do I say that can help her and not perpetuate the problem. How do I get her to understand why kids find satisfaction in being mean and that the more you let it show, the more they love it. And why do we as human beings so often find satisfaction in seeing others suffer? Is it because we think it will take our own sting away? Do we feel cool somehow? Some questions are just never to be understood.
